To ensure that your experience with anesthesia is as pleasant as possible, we invite you to follow these instructions:
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) for eight hours before your appointment.
- Do not smoke for at least twelve hours before your surgery. It is preferable to stop smoking the day before surgery.
- A responsible adult must escort you to our office. This person must wait in the office then drive you home.
- You should not drive or operate any machinery for a full day after receiving anesthesia.
- Please wear low shoes and comfortable clothes that can easily be rolled above the elbows.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup. During your appointment, we will remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures.
- If you take medications, please check with Dr. Michael Shnayder before your appointment.
Please feel free to contact Village Pointe Oral Surgery today if you would like to learn more about how to have the best experience possible with our oral surgeon in Omaha, Nebraska.